We’d like to invite you to our next meeting! We offer free programs of interest to nature fans of all ages. Everyone is welcome. You can also find current information about upcoming birding trips, and/or plan to attend another birding event. Check our other links for helpful information, recent sightings, more birding opportunities, and ways you can get involved as an Aiken volunteer and/or citizen scientist. Interested? Click to learn more about Aiken Audubon. Finally, don’t miss the current issue of our newsletter, the Aikorns! We hope to see you soon.
- Calling all bird photographers. We’re looking for submissions for our 2016 Aiken Calendar, “Colorful Colorado Birds.” Deadline is Sunday August 9. Want more details? Click here.
- We’re adding new field trips all the time.
- Our free programs take a break for the summer. We’ll see you on Wednesday, September 16, for “Snap, Crackle, and Hop—Colorado Grasshoppers,” presented by Eric Eaton. And don’t forget to sign up for the associated grasshopper-hunting field trip.
- Updates are constantly being added to our Conservation News page. Many require immediate action. More opportunities are found in the Citizen Science section. Don’t miss your opportunity to make a difference.
- Aiken Audubon is seeking a couple of committee chairpersons: Program Chair and Education Chair, as well as a new Treasurer (an elected board position). Click here for more information.
- Do you blog about birds? Tell us about your blog, then check out our ever-growing list of Aiken Audubon bird bloggers!
- National Audubon has released their new report on birds and climate change. You can see their conclusions on their website.
- 10 Things You Can Do For Birds: Plant a garden. Be a citizen scientist. Join “Lights Out.” Your steps can make a difference. Learn more…
- Did you know that National Audubon has a Raptor Map? This interactive map includes everything from raptor rehab facilities and Audubon nature centers to great places for hawk and eagle watching. Add your favorite raptor spot, share photos and leave tips for other birders. Learn more on our Local Birding page, or go directly to the map website.
Photos of the Moment
Have a photo you want to share? Send it to us at AikenAudubon@gmail.com for possible inclusion here.