Everyone is welcome to our meetings, with free programs of interest to nature fans of all ages. You can also find current information about upcoming birding trips and other events. Check our other links for helpful information, recent sightings, and other birding opportunities. Finally, don’t miss the March-April newsletter!
Learn more about Aiken Audubon.
- We’re adding new field trips all the time. Birds are on nests, fledglings abound, it’s a great time of year to go birding!
- Our free programs take a break for the summer, then continue September 18 with an explanation of the ins and outs of the Colorado Bird Records Committee.
- Thank you to Gary Conover for stepping up and volunteering to join the AAS board as Aiken’s new Treasurer.
- Updates are constantly being added to our Conservation News page. Many require immediate action. Don’t miss your opportunity to make a difference.
- Survey Help Wanted: Ann Adnet would like some birders to join her in doing bird surveys at Aiken Canyon Preserve. Available to help? Please contact her at (719) 481-3606.
- Aiken Audubon is now accepting photographs for possible inclusion in the 2014 Calendar: Details and photo entry form.
- Aiken Audubon Society is also seeking an individual who would be interested in becoming the Education Chair. This would be an opportunity to work with fellow board members to develop programs to be used in presentations at schools, scout groups, various club meetings, etc. Contact Aiken President, Christine Bucher at (719) 596-2916 for more information or to volunteer.
- Do you blog about birds? Tell us about your blog, then check out our ever-growing list of Aiken Audubon bird bloggers!
- Save the date: July 12 – 15, 2013 at the Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Washington (NE of Portland along the Columbia River). After 13 years, the Audubon convention returns. Join chapter leaders, volunteers and staff to learn about how our work contributes to Flyways conservation. Experience four days of cutting-edge science, networking, birding, and fun in the Pacific Northwest. For more information and to receive email updates visit www.audubon.org/2013convention. Registration is now open!
Photos of the Moment
Have a photo you want to share? Send it to us for possible inclusion here.